SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

How To Quickly Check What I Have In Cache?

English- or other language speakers welcome here
Please do not translate your native language to "broken Russian" via crappy machine translation services - please post it as it is, in your native language.

Модератор: Tolik

How To Quickly Check What I Have In Cache?

Сообщение abrogard » 05 ноя 2020, 13:10

How can I quickly see how much of an area I have saved at z21 when I am viewing at something like z12, say ?
Is it possible?

I am using view cache tiles map and 'show existing tiles' for z21 and if I go to z21 I they will begin to show. All is working as it should. This is not a query about things not working correctly. :)

If I pull back I'll lose some of them. Building up the whole picture again will take quite some time. Sometimes it never seems to reach completion.

And every time I change z factor it seems to have to start again figuring out what to show.

The kind of area I am talking about is something around the order of, at z12 30km x 40km and the areas at z21 within there that I want to check on get as large as about 15km x 10km.

What is happening is my z21 saves follow routes through the terrain and cover selected areas on those routes.

So the z21 straggles across the country in a sort of jagged line which 'thickens' up and changes into a big blob at certain points.

Because of downloading problems many areas get missed out at z21. There will be lines of no-existing tiles here and there and I need to go back over these areas and find places that need patching up like that.

So I am constantly zooming up and down and checking on areas and moving into fresh areas - and constantly frustrated by
this hassle with the display of 'existing tiles' at z21: slow to load, sometimes never completes loading, removes them all when off screen and starts again when I come back.

A handy thing would be a function that would simply outline the areas of 'existing tiles' without bothering to display each tile until I choose that area and ask for such a display.

Anything existing that can help me with all that?
abrogard
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 3 раз.

Re: How To Quickly Check What I Have In Cache?

Сообщение QuickBird » 09 ноя 2020, 05:55

Hello there, I havent used the tilemap tool but I can guess that by zoom 21 it may take forever.

An area of 30x40 km at zoom 21 will be like 1,900,000 tiles
An area of 10x15 at zoom 21 will be around 180,000 tiles

you need to multiply the total for the average size of each tile to know your download and compare it to the size of the database you have under the

[suppose you are using google and sqlite3]

E:\SAS.Planet.18\cache_sqlite\sat\z21

With this said you may have encountered a 428 error from google. That is that google is limiting your download. To avoid this launch only one worker when you download. Its going to take time.

You can set a proxy under Settings - Options - Internet

Frankly I don't understand what you mean after "What is happening is my z21 saves follow routes through the terrain"

I assume you are downloading by browsing. You need to use the Selection Tool, when you select a dialog opens and you set it for the zoom you want.

every zoom level is 4 times more tiles the zoom below
QuickBird
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 9 раз.

Сообщение abrogard » 09 ноя 2020, 07:47

No. You misunderstand. I have not been clear enough. Sorry.

The downloading is done. finished. Yes, more than a million tiles. True. I have them. It is done.

BUT after getting such downloads, piece by piece, area by area over a number of days or even weeks, I need to go back over them and see where some tiles have been missed.

That is what my question is about.

about going back and checking the downloaded tile areas.
abrogard
Новичок

Сообщение QuickBird » 10 ноя 2020, 08:43

Good I am glad you've got it.
If your goal is to COMPLETE the download you use the selection tool the is right in the middle of the menu between the arrow and the ruler, the Polygonal Selection Tool (Alt+P).

You zoom out over the area to a zoom 14, select an area overflowing that you want with a polygon, set up to zoom 21 in the dialog and launch the download. It will automatically fill in any missing tiles. If the count downloaded is 0 and you got no 428 or 404 messages then you have it all.

Some services like Google hybrid have empty tiles.

Google maps version goes changing, last is 878

Settings - map settings - map version:

it is reported here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=989&start=1250
QuickBird
Новичок

Сообщение abrogard » 10 ноя 2020, 09:08

thanks for all your help, quickbird... I remember you helping me years ago.. you might be the only really effective english language help in the forum? :)

but no, that's not the problem either. I know about that. It is what I do.

The problem is:

1. waiting for 'existing tiles' (at z21) darkened areas to appear (on a z12 screen)
2. Knowing when I have got them all onscreen.
3. Keeping them onscreen once I have them. (keeping them on the z12 screen).

I don't suppose I could put a whole bunch of screenshots on here so I have uploaded some to imgur and I will put a link to them.

They show how successive screens showed different pictures for my z21 areas on successive looks (cursor movements around) at the overall area in z12.

https://imgur.com/a/TWosSo1
abrogard
Новичок

Сообщение QuickBird » 11 ноя 2020, 10:00

Well there has to be a problem somewhere there.

First
You are using a version from 6 years ago, the tool you use was upgraded since.

Get a newer version and then MIGRATE the database to the new project [copy, keep a back up copy]

http://www.sasgis.org/download/

do this before use (change all to english)

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3386

Last version has all the maps menu under a "new order", I will have to make an upgraded "power user", I'll do that before this nex weekend, and post it here

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3444

Second
Are you cacheing as sqlite3? You should, because it looks like you might be defaulted to an also outdated "SASplaneta tile format". You can't do big downloads under this format.

You verify this under: Settings - Options - Cache - Default cache type

If so you should be converting those tiles before you fuck up the MBR, there is a conversion tool under Operations - Cache Manager
QuickBird
Новичок

Вернуться в International visitors section