SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

SAS.Planet 160707

English- or other language speakers welcome here
Please do not translate your native language to "broken Russian" via crappy machine translation services - please post it as it is, in your native language.

Модератор: Tolik

SAS.Planet 160707

Сообщение BMJones » 28 июл 2016, 07:19

I am a new user of SAS.Planet. I am using the most recent version 160707. I am running it on Windows XP Pro through Parallels Desktop on a MacBook Pro (OSX10.8.5). I have Google Earth and Google Earth Pro 7.1.5.1557 installed on the Mac.

I have been able to download satellite image GeoTIFF files from Google Maps and Bing Maps for large areas using zoom level 18 and am very impressed with the results.

I have three questions:

1) I am able to download higher resolution satellite image GeoTIFF files from Bing Maps using a zoom level of 21 for very small areas (0.34 km2, 312 tiles). If I select a larger area (3280 km2, 2,476,900 tiles) the GeoTIFF file that is generated (after a long time downloading) either won't open (isn't recognised) or if it does open is just all grey. Is it possible to download high res images for larger areas? If so what is the trick?

2) I can't download images from Google Earth. When I select Google Earth as the basemap there is no data displayed in the screen. Do I need to have Google Earth running while using SAS.Planet? I think I have to do something with GeoCaches direct or GeoCaches via http but I don't understand how to do this? I would be very grateful if you could send me step by step instructions on how to download images from Google Earth?

3) Is there a manual/tutorial on how to use SAS.Planet that is relevant to version 160707 (in English please - sorry I don't speak Russian)?

Thanks for developing a great program and thanks in advance for your help,

Ben Jones (Australia)
BMJones
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.

Вернуться в International visitors section