SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

Navionics Boating HD android app tiles to SAS planet

English- or other language speakers welcome here
Please do not translate your native language to "broken Russian" via crappy machine translation services - please post it as it is, in your native language.

Модератор: Tolik

Navionics Boating HD android app tiles to SAS planet

Сообщение Bacardi23 » 03 мар 2016, 14:07

Hello everyone!
I have a version of Navionics Boating HD android app on my android phone with my local map.

I downloaded the area I live and go fishing and it is only around 4.5 MB and it includes Navionics charts and SonarCharts.
On SASplanet, the same region just zoom19 folder size on disk is 264 MB.

The Boating HD app stores the maps in the sdcard as tiles in an .nv2 But, if one renames the .nv2 to other image extension *.jpeg *.bmp we are able to see it on Windows.
I believe that a simple script should be able to do this automatically...

Is there anyway that will allow us to use the downloaded tiles of Boating HD app tiles and create a map?

I was able to create a map for my Lowrance Elite 4 HDI fishfinder/GPS with data from SASplanet + GE+ GlobalMapper + IMC (insight map creator) it is a very complicated and time consuming and generates huge file formats that only 64bit computers are able to handle.. and the map was very poor quality at the end..

Anyone care to enlighten us mere mortals of the SASplanet coding world?
Thanks in advance :)
Bacardi23
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.

Re: Navionics Boating HD android app tiles to SAS planet

Сообщение Bacardi23 » 03 мар 2016, 19:54

oops, sorry, one little mistake.. I mentioned *.nv2 files but what I was wrong, they are stored in *.tile format
Bacardi23
Новичок

Сообщение soggybottom » 06 мар 2016, 02:33

Hi, what is it you are trying to do with the files? If you want jpg files, can you not just use those in the SASPlanet cache? I know they're reasonably large but you need them as jpegs/bitmaps.
Boating HD uses vector format to display Sonarcharts on Android and that's why the files can hold vast amounts of info at small file sizes, however, they are encrypted so not easy to capture as vector.
I have used the SASPlanet files from Sonarcharts for about 100 miles of coastline out to about 10 miles for all zooms 2 thru 20 and manage to get the whole lot on a 4gb SDCard.
What are you using Globalmapper for? I can convert straight from SASPlanet into IMC... Are you trying to do some comlicated stitching or similar process?
I use *.AT5 files on a Lowrance HDS unit.
soggybottom
Новичок

Сообщение Bacardi23 » 07 мар 2016, 18:57

Hi.
well...I don't really know anymore..
I've tried so many different ways but I can't get a really positive result out of them..

Supposedly the firmware update on the Elite and Mark-4 HDI's allows for use of IMC and generated maps but the output map lines I am getting are extremely "blured" thick lines
I tried Sonarcharts and the normal one without the sonarcharts and still got those thick lines.. IMC atlas 12 and atlas 10 and still not good.
I've even tried small areas with as much as zoom21 but the quality output was still the same..
Maybe it has something to do with the settings I'm using.. what settings do you use on your conversions?

Tried creating single image map rasters with sasplanet, and importing them to GEarth with output to KML and KMZ and trying to convert them to vector lines
I've even tried as much as using photoshop map software to turn the sasplanet raster image output to 1bit black/white to try to convert them to vectors

Yeah, I was trying to use the photoshoped 1bit images to georeference them with the output kml/kmz data from sasplanet output...
but someone used my laptop and managed to put some virus on here that made me completely format my hdd to get rid of it.. so I lost all those hours of work and haven't touched this for a few months now...

My idea now was to try to use the maps downloaded from Boating HD, doing whatever was needed to them and stick them in the SDcard for my Mark-4 HDI and use them...
Bacardi23
Новичок

Вернуться в International visitors section