SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

GPS trouble

English- or other language speakers welcome here
Please do not translate your native language to "broken Russian" via crappy machine translation services - please post it as it is, in your native language.

Модератор: Tolik

GPS trouble

Сообщение MeAtHome » 01 фев 2016, 13:11

Hello,

SASPlanet 151111.9233 Stable ignores my GPS. The hardware is a tablet PC (Wetab, same as ExoPc Slate, 2GB Memory) with a build in GPS running Windows 10 32bit (patchlevel is up to date). The NMEA stream is on COM5 at 4800 baud (Hardcopy1) and accessible for VisualGPS (Hardcopy2), OpenCPN (Hardcopy3) and GoogleEarth but not for SASPlanet (Hardcopy4). I already tried each option of SASPlanet but SASPlanet never showed any GPS info. Can anybody give me a hint?

Regards
Martin
Вложения
4.jpg
Hardcopy4
3.jpg
Hardcopy3
2.jpg
Hardcopy2
1.jpg
Hardcopy1
MeAtHome
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.

Re: GPS trouble

Сообщение MeAtHome » 04 фев 2016, 01:17

Hello,

for the next test I installed XPort (COM port splitter, like GPSGate, but free of charge). It detected the NMEA stream on COM5 (correct for my configuration) and splitted it for COM10 and COM11. Then I started VisualGPS (configured for COM10) and the stream on COM10 was OK (the red point in front of COM10 turned green in XPort, because COM10 was locked by VisualGPS). Then I started SASPlanet, but no stream was detected on COM11 by SASPlanet (SASPlanet showed no sensor toolbar and the red point in front of COM11 remained red). Are there any limitations concerning GPS in SASPlanet?

Regards
Martin
Вложения
Hardcopy2.jpg
Hardcopy2
Hardcopy1.jpg
Hardcopy1
MeAtHome
Новичок

Re: GPS trouble

Сообщение ChinghissKhan » 21 июл 2016, 01:47

Hi, have you found a solution to your GPS problem?
I have a Navilock NL-402U USB GPS Mouse which works fine on my Alienware notebook.
It also works fine with CompeGPS on my ASUS T100TA Tablet.
SASPlanet can't recognize the GPS Mouse.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

UPDATE:

My GPS Mouse was installed as a "Virtual Com Port"
I deleted the driver software (check the box) for my GPS Mouse in Device Manager while uninstalling it.
When re-installing, it detected it as a Location Sensor.
Again, I uninstalled and checked to delete the driver software.
I re-installed it and it was correctly recognized as a Com Port Device (NOT Virtual).
I started SASPlanet and the GPS was immediately recognized. I didn't use the "Auto-detect" function.

Since your GPS is build-in, you may not have many options.
Can you try a external GPS Mouse? while disabling the internal GPS?

Also make sure that the COM-Port settings such as baud rate match the information from your Device Manager.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Robert
ChinghissKhan
Новичок

Вернуться в International visitors section