SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

No polygon marks

English- or other language speakers welcome here
Please do not translate your native language to "broken Russian" via crappy machine translation services - please post it as it is, in your native language.

Модератор: Tolik

No polygon marks

Сообщение abrogard » 12 авг 2022, 05:57

I cannot put a polygon on a pic and have it stay there. When I press 'enter' after defining it and giving it a name it disappears.

What I would like to do is get up a picture of an area and make marks on it - like rectangles and polygons - and then save part of that area with a 'stitch' and have the finished 'save' show me the area and the marks I put on it.

Can that be done?

I'm suspecting it is something to do with SQL database and perhaps I don't have one defined. Could that be it?

I get no error messages.
abrogard
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 3 раз.

Re: No polygon marks

Сообщение caddis » 18 авг 2022, 00:54

If I understand your question correctly.....

In placemarks manager, did you place the check mark in the Category and in the Polygon you drew? If not, it is not visible on the map.
When the polygon is visible on the map, just check mark "Add visible Placemarks" option in Selection Manager - Stitch menu to get a pic with portion of map with the marks.
caddis
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 11 раз.

Сообщение abrogard » 18 авг 2022, 03:15

Hi and thank you for your reply. Very helpful indeed.

I was not using the placemark manager at all. When I look at it I see 'hide placemarks' radio button was checked so of course it showed nothing.

Now I have two more little problems if you can help?

1. I have a placemark that I cannot find in the placemark manager at all, anywhere.

2. I now have a long list of placemarks that must have come with the map somehow I didn't put them there. But they are very good, I like them. They are all Ukrainian military positions. I find I can click 'navigate to selected placemark' and a red arrow will show me where to go to get to that placemark Good. But how to switch that arrow off when I'm finished with it?
And when I go to Ukraine and look at all those placemarks there is a large white section, no map, just blank white, that is the occupied territory I think. How to get rid of that and go back to the ordinary map?
https://imgur.com/a/TOYWeBz
Изображение
abrogard
Новичок

Сообщение Tolik » 18 авг 2022, 09:24

abrogard писал(а):
2. I now have a long list of placemarks that must have come with the map somehow I didn't put them there. But they are very good, I like them. They are all Ukrainian military positions.

WHAT??? You got military positions and you don't know how? The placemarks don't come with maps or sw update. They are stored in Marks.db3 file in SQLite format.

And what is a "a large white section" - is it a placemark? Or Google (?) map suddenly refuses to show occupied territory just for you?

Imgur does not work right now, upload your screenshots somewhere else.
Tolik
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 277 раз.

Сообщение abrogard » 18 авг 2022, 09:54

Oh I don't think they are official positions. It's just some amateur observer has drawn a map and marked what he thinks.
Like this one for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX_EBnoLKWg
But if the placemarks are in some db3 file on my hard drive I didn't put them there. There's at least a hundred of them, I'd say and I am too lazy to make more than three or four before my attention lags.
Perhaps I downloaded some map from Google Maps, or 'Mymaps' or something? In fact I think I did. But how did those marks get into sasplanet?
Must be that downloaded map must have downloaded and either brought its own db3 file and overwritten mine or been smart enough to append to mine.
Miraculous either way. And all happened without my knowledge.
Imgur works for me alright. Obviously did but I just checked and it still does. It might be the country you are in. Where are you?
Can you use a VPN and appear to be from somewhere else? I often use India and Imgur shows up alright then.
Otherwise tell me what you think might be a good place.
I tried adding an image in sasplanet here but nothing happened. It didn't work.
The white space is just white like a sheet of paper.
It would be the polygon that the author of that map has used as an overlay to mark occupied territory would be my guess.
And it is not showing up as an overlay but instead is a white mask or something.
That's all I know. :)
abrogard
Новичок

Сообщение Tolik » 18 авг 2022, 12:34

You've probably imported some KML file, maybe just dropped it to SAS.Planet window.
If this white space is a large placemark, just click "hide placemarks" button, and it will disappear.
Tolik
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 277 раз.

Вернуться в International visitors section