SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

Setting up Google Maps and Google Earth for English Users

Обсуждаем сервисы Google Maps и Google Earth™

Модератор: Tolik

Setting up Google Maps and Google Earth for English Users

Сообщение OzUser » 04 июн 2012, 12:57

Hi,

I am an English User. After translating and investigating this site from Russian to English as well as and third party sites and I have had mixed experience in getting SAS Planet working.

I though my experiences may be helpful to both SASGIS and others, in particular English speaking users.

Some of the Lessons learnt :

Google Maps

Install and unzip the nightly build from here http://sasgis.org/programs/sasplanet/nightly.php

Also download and upack into the same directory at least https://bitbucket.org/vdemidov/sas.maps/get/tip.zip

and possibly also https://bitbucket.org/garl/plus.maps/get/tip.zip

Read more help in the forum here http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... t91CqweD8w

It helps to translate this site and this forum page in English using Google Translate http://itools.com/tool/google-translate ... translator

Windows 7 Users

1. I have used SASGIS on both Windows XP and Windows 7.

2. In Windows 7, under Settings> Options Cache > Native Cache Folder > path - the path should not be set to C:\Program Files\..... as saving to this parth require administration rights. When set to this path the program appears to download tiles but nothing happens. Once I set the path outside of Program Files, Google Maps downloaded straight away

Lockout

If this occurs turn your modem on and off and your computer will be assigned a new IP address and you can continue downloading rather than "waiting days"

Questions

1. I cant get any "Google Earth" Maps to work either to display or download tiles. I note under "Settings>Map Settings for Google Earth Map - Earth (dbcache.dat) in the box "Url" box it is blank" and the box "Download state" it says "Disabled by Zmp
No write access to tile storage".

By Comparison any of the other Google Earth Services the "Url" box it says "http://127.0.0.1:8081/jpegfile?db=tm&ver=0&date=221&" and in the "download state" box it says " "Yes". But none ofthese services work.

Can you please clarify if any of the Google Earth services works or not. Any help to get this working for English users would be greatly appreciated.

2. When downloading Google Maps, I did a small test area aat zoom level 19 it seem to download at the right resolution.

When I downloaded a larger area at Zoom 19, it seemed to dowload tiles at about zoom 14 or 15 which is no use. Any help on what am I doing wrong and how to fix this would be apprecated.

3. When stiting images together using Operations>Selection Manager>Last Selection>Stitch Tab the ECW not only is at thelesser resolution referred to in 2 above, certain areas are distoed and stretched or blurred. Is this a memory problem in creating a large ECW. Should I try smaller areas? How can I prevent this from happening?

Thank you again SASGIS, I am sure it is worth while persevering for all those like me in English who have struggled to get it to work.

Cheers

Regarding my question 1 in the previous post about how to get Gogle Earth Imagery to work I have also set the Map settings for Google Earth - Earth (dbcache.dat) under Settings>Options>Cache Tab>Google Earth Cache Folder>Path to the same path where the google earth cache file dbcache.dat file is located.

However despite making this setting as described in the wiki and the forum I still cant get Google Earth tiles to display or download.

I would be grateful if you can advise what I need to do to get it to work or if it doesnt work any more (as referred to "Disabled by Zmp. No write access to tile storage) I would be grateful if that could be confirmed so I dont spend any more time trying.

Thanks again.

Cheers
OzUser
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 4 раз.

Re: Setting up Google Maps and Google Earth for English Users

Сообщение DJ VK » 04 июн 2012, 17:54

127.0.0.1:8081 is localhost IP. That means you must install someone proxy on your PC and share it on 8081 port.
Please learn about Google Earth LOCAL here --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=281
This modification of program allow to cache satellite maps through any caching proxy (like GeoCacher or HandyCache)

За это сообщение автора DJ VK поблагодарил:
OzUser (06 июн 2012, 16:46)
Рейтинг: 5.26%

DJ VK
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 82 раз.

Сообщение zed » 04 июн 2012, 20:17

OzUser писал(а):1. I cant get any "Google Earth" Maps to work either to display or download tiles.

To work with Google Earth cache (dbCache.dat) you mast put TileStorage_GE.dll to SASPlanet folder. This dll is attached here: http://sasgis.org/mantis/view.php?id=1195
and the box "Download state" it says "Disabled by Zmp No write access to tile storage".

Its Ok, you have read-only access to dbCache.dat.

За это сообщение автора zed поблагодарил:
OzUser (06 июн 2012, 16:47)

zed
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 89 раз.

Сообщение OzUser » 04 июн 2012, 23:41

Thank you very much Zed

Not sure how to submit a thanks to you via the post but thanks anyway.

Re your responses some comments and Questions in Red

1. Re

Its Ok, you have read-only access to dbCache.dat.

Thank you I understand

2. Re
To work with Google Earth cache (dbCache.dat) you mast put TileStorage_GE.dll to SASPlanet folder.

Thank you I did this and I could access tiles from Google Earth.

3) However in SASPlanet the zoom level pixelates out after z16.

In google earth at the same location I have zoomed in to at least Z19, if not Z24 so I expect these tiles to be cached from Google Earth but they don't show up in SAS Planet.

Can you advise what steps to see tiles at zoom levels higher than z16?

4) Re

Please learn about Google Earth LOCAL here --> http://sasgis.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=281

I can only see this forum topic in Russian and unfortunately I cant read in Russian

I am translating your forum using http://itools.com/tool/google-translate-web-page-translator

When I go to this page it prompts me to logon using my username and password.

As soon as I logon on, I lose the translation. If I refresh the page (using the translation service) it logs me out returns me to the SASPlanet home page.

Can you suggest how I can both logon and view the English Translation for this forum topic?

If this is not possible someone to use a translation tool and save as a PDF and email the translated PDF to me?

Thank you again for your assistance.

Regards OzUser
OzUser
Новичок

Сообщение OzUser » 04 июн 2012, 23:46

Regarding my earlier question 2

2. When downloading Google Maps, I did a small test area aat zoom level 19 it seem to download at the right resolution.

When I downloaded a larger area at Zoom 19, it seemed to dowload tiles at about zoom 14 or 15 which is no use. Any help on what am I doing wrong and how to fix this would be apprecated.

When Google Map images are stitched together does it reduce the resolution from z19 to z14?

Is there anything I can do to improve the resoltion of the stiched image?
OzUser
Новичок

Сообщение OzUser » 05 июн 2012, 00:01

Regarding my earlier question 3

3. When stiting images together using Operations>Selection Manager>Last Selection>Stitch Tab the ECW not only is at thelesser resolution referred to in 2 above, certain areas are distoed and stretched or blurred. Is this a memory problem in creating a large ECW. Should I try smaller areas? How can I prevent this from happening?

I have attached a screen shot of a portion of the image that shows the distortion. The distortion appears in some areas of the image but not all.

Is there a technique or approach that avoids this from happening?

Is it a memory issue?
Вложения
Distortion.jpg
OzUser
Новичок

Сообщение zed » 05 июн 2012, 22:28

OzUser писал(а):Can you advise what steps to see tiles at zoom levels higher than z16?

Its no special steps. Just walk on the map, and they mast be in cache.
OzUser писал(а):Can you suggest how I can both logon and view the English Translation for this forum topic?
If this is not possible someone to use a translation tool and save as a PDF and email the translated PDF to me?

Yea, its some trouble. But you can found almost all important things about GE.Local here: http://starmen.at.tut.by/gelocal.htm
OzUser писал(а):When Google Map images are stitched together does it reduce the resolution from z19 to z14?

No. We save they as is. But, if some tile is not found in current zoom, SAS try crop part of tile from previous zoom and resize it to paste in empty tile place. This work also in View mode ("on fly"), when you simple move map and change zooms from gui.
OzUser писал(а):Is there anything I can do to improve the resoltion of the stiched image?

Only one - download tiles and stitch they for max available zoom.
OzUser писал(а):Is there a technique or approach that avoids this from happening?
Is it a memory issue?

Its a bug. You may report about it here: http://sasgis.org/mantis

OzUser (06 июн 2012, 16:47)

zed
Гуру

Сообщение zed » 05 июн 2012, 22:38

OzUser писал(а):Not sure how to submit a thanks to you via the post but thanks anyway.

You may press button that selected by green box:
Image.gif

OzUser (06 июн 2012, 16:48)

zed
Гуру

Сообщение OzUser » 06 июн 2012, 17:06

Thanks very much for all that Zed.

I found the thank you button.

With the benefit of the following site you mentioned I now understand it much much better.

Yea, its some trouble. But you can found almost all important things about GE.Local here: http://starmen.at.tut.by/gelocal.htm

Interestingly Google translate would not translate this page but Microsoft Bing did. :D

I was finally able to correctly set up Google Earth tiles and get it to work :D

It really was very simple and elegant in the end so was very much worth persevering.

I also now understand about geo chacher and how it works but i couldn't down load geo cacher. I can only understand the page by translating it but the download then doesn't work. Any advice on how to logon see the pages in English and download these files and Save at same resolution them would be welcome.

Thanks again

Regards

OzUser

One other question - the resolution from stitch and saving an ECW seemed worse than what I could see in SAS Planet. Can I save somehow in Geotiff instead of ECW?
OzUser
Новичок

Сообщение rafalz » 20 ноя 2012, 01:51

Okay, so I have got also a question and I will put it here.

I know a little Russian, was looking for the answer, but couldn't find.

When I want to download for example zoom 16 from GE, do I have to walk whole area through the screen in that zoom, or I can just select big area and the software will magically download it to the cache in the background ?
rafalz
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 3 раз.

След.

Вернуться в Google Maps + Google Earth™